Saturday, January 1, 2011

Nostalgic and Random Treats For 1/1/11

                                                             L'Officiel Archive 

When I was making my collection I found this wonderful woman Jennifer Osner . She has a garage full of antique textiles, trims and clothes that would make any vintage lover's heart skip a beat. If you are near San Francisco you should check it out! And say hello for me! =)

                                           6:20 mark.....see what I'm talking about.

I have not been home in 6 months, so when I am feeling home sick or nostalgic I think about my Mom's Pumpkin Bread (and it is vegan!!!) I thought I would share the recipe here and perhaps it will warm your heart as well in this chilly weather.

PUMPKIN BREAD

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Ingredients:

- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 16 oz. can pumpkin (about 2 cups)
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 1/3 cup flour (or to healthy it up a bit, 2 cups white whole wheat & 1 1/3 cups all
  purpose white flour)
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon)

Directions:

1.) Spray 2 loaf pans with oil
2.) Mix oil with brown & white sugars
3.) Stir in pumpkin & water
4.) In a separate bowl- blend flour and remainder of dry ingredients
5.) Blend into pumpkin mixture, mix well
6.) Pour into pans
7.) Bake 50-55 minutes or until toothpick (or if like me you don't have toothpicks, a knife) 
     inserted in center comes out clean.
8.) Cool in pans for awhile and then take out of pans and cool completely.
9.) ENJOY!!!!! =)

It's super easy to half this recipe if you have only one pan or just need one.


Happy 2011 Folks!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new blog, Amelia! This recipe looks wonderful. I'm going to try it out. : ) LL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I hope you enjoy! =)

    ReplyDelete