Thursday, January 13, 2011

Dream World

I have been sick again! I guess I tried to do too much too fast since last week's illness. I have been doing a lot of "Sex & the City" watching (starting to get old) as well as sleeping. I have been having the craziest and most crazy dreams....they remind me of surreal photography/artists. (thinking Man Ray/Salvador Dali)

                                                           Salvador Dali Costume

                                                                    Man Ray

In my haze of sickness I felt like baking a cake, so I made this chocolate cake whose recipe I got out of an American Girl magazine when I was younger. (and yes, it is vegan as well)

Ingredients

- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 heaping tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 6 Tbsp. oil
- 1 Tbsp. white vinegar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup cold water

(use 8" square or 9" round pan, preheat oven to 350 degrees)

Directions

- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Add oil, vinegar, vanilla and cold water. Mix thoroughly with a fork
- Use middle rack in oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean
- Let cake cool and then Enjoy!!!

(I drizzled hershey's syrup on top and sprinkled brown sugar over it, mmmmm good!! )

No comments:

Post a Comment