Thursday, July 28, 2011

Moving Apartments! Good Bye Washington Heights!

Well, dear blog, I am going to be moving apartments in the next week. (current apartment in Washington Heights had a bit of a flood and now moving to Morningside Heights/Upper West Side....doesn't the name Morningside Heights sound oh so much more pleasant??) I will be living right by this gorgeous cathedral and interesting statue. I will also be living by the sweetest Hungarian Pastry Shop! More pictures to come very soon. It will be so dream filled and pleasant to live in an area I like!!



THING I WON'T MISS ABOUT WASHINGTON HEIGHTS:

- People constantly sitting outside the apartment/on the door step/ holding the door handle from the outside and not moving as I knock to please let me out the door.

- The risk of small children running me over with razor scooters, throwing a ball at my head, having their dog nip at me and the BEST of all no more risk of being wacked by a 3 year old with a base ball bat. (he got mighty close, I actually cringed)

- Overpriced grocery stores with horrible rotten produce. $5 for honey or a box of crackers you say? My word!

- The cat calls and offers of bananas by interesting men, mainly old, right outside my door

- The woman downstairs who chain smokes in the hallway and is always screaming at her child who matches her volume in screaming back.

- The mystery bugs I constantly find in the apartment and can't seem to identify. I believe I killed a hybrid cockroach/spider last night. And I am pretty sure there are mutant flies running around as well.

THINGS I WILL MISS ABOUT WASHINGTON HEIGHTS:


- The Japanese restaurant by the subway, such awesome sushi

- The very nice wine store (columbia wines) on the corner. Oh how I love that place and I am pretty sure they got to know my face pretty well over this past year


GOOD BYE to the past and I am so looking forward to the exciting future in Morningside Heights, being surrounded by two parks, cute cafes, and cathedrals!!!

1 comment: