Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Bosom Friends & Victorian Lace

I have started reading the 'Anne of Green Gables' novels. I grew up watching the films and never thought to read the books. I am enjoying getting lost in L.M. Montgomery's dreamy wordings and imagining what Prince Edward Island in the early 1900s would look like in the spring.

                                     The movie is still wonderful to watch. Last I watched it
      was with my bosom friend, sipping mimosas on a warm New York city summer day.


In realities, I am working on a wedding dress from 1872 that started off looking like this.
It needed to be let out in the sides and at the waistband. She also was not so happy with the cut of the waist. So I have been working and am now at this point.....Starting on the finalized peplum. (I re-designed the bodice to include the original shape with a modern touch)
The lace in itself is gorgeous.
Suits mood and current thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment