Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Treasure Hunt

So, thanks to this lovely blogger I finally found out the name of the mystical beach of antique bottles. I did my research before going and apparently Dead Horse Bay used to be the location of a glue factory in the early 1900s (hence dead horse and a chance of finding horse bones) and then became a landfill from the 1920s to 1950s. So basically it is a beach of wonderful antiques,predominantly bottles.
My friend Melody and I made the trek out there and were in awe of the amount of old bottles and shadows of history that we found. (including a piece of antique lace trapped under a rock at the water's edge) What surreal beauty.....



                                     (thanks to Melody for the lovely artistic photos)



                                               (and some of my own photos)

No comments:

Post a Comment