Saturday, May 7, 2011

Garlicy Asparagus Recipe

So it has been awhile since I posted a recipe. Lately I have been quite happy with the asparagus I find at the market so I have been cooking it according to this recipe and it is a dream for garlic lovers everywhere.

Ingredients:
- A bundle of asparagus
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- drizzling of lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste

Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Rinse and chop asparagus in half (I usually cut off the tough non-green part at the bottom and throw it out)
- Put in a medium sized plastic container and pour in the olive oil and lemon juice. Cover with lid and shake so asparagus is well covered.
- Lay asparagus out on a cookie sheet and sprinkle with diced garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for 25 minutes. Test to see if too firm. Cooking can take up to 35 minutes.

Enjoy!!! Tastes yummy paired with pasta or with vegan fajitas/tacos.

No comments:

Post a Comment